Measures on Invitation of Journalists to China Import and Export Fair
1. Journalists from home and overseas are welcome to cover China Import and Export Fair (hereinafter referred to as the Canton Fair). The Canton Fair Press Center is the sole authority to invite, accept and approve the application from journalists to cover the Canton Fair. To ensure the negotiation order during the Canton Fair, we invite domestic journalists according to the quota of designated media.
2. New applicants shall submit to the Canton Fair Press Center the following materials 2 months prior to the opening of each session (i.e. Before February 15 and August 15): a. A Written Application (with official seal); b. Media Profile and Newspaper/Magazine Sample; c. Copies of Passport and Press Card issued by media. The Canton Fair Press Center will reply 1 month prior to the opening of each session. Any application submitted by a journalist in his/her own name will not be accepted.
3. Journalists who have not completed relevant procedures or have no Press Card of the Canton Fair are not permitted to cover the Canton Fair in any form or use any reporting equipment within the exhibition complex. Once found out, the journalists will have their badges taken back and be asked to leave the exhibition complex, and they are held responsible for all consequences arising from disputes caused by their activities in the exhibition complex.
4. Upon approval, the Canton Fair Press Center will issue Press Card of the Canton Fair for journalists from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and foreign countries. The application guides are:
a. Journalists from Hong Kong and Macao can apply to Liaison Office of the Central People’s Government in the Hong Kong S.A.R and Macao S.A.R (Central Liaison Office in brief). Contact No: 00852-23087386
b. Journalists from Taiwan can apply to Taiwan Affairs Office of the People's Government of Guangdong Province. Contact No: 020-83321916.
c. Foreign journalists coming to China for a short term to report the Canton Fair shall apply for Visa J-2 to Guangdong Foreign Affairs Office or Chinese embassies or consulates in foreign countries. After obtaining the visa, journalists shall apply for “Press Card of the Canton Fair” to the Canton Fair Press Center with passports or other valid ID. Resident foreign journalists shall apply for “Press Card of the Canton Fair” to the Canton Fair Press Center with a written application, “Press Card” issued by The Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China and passports. Contact No: Guangdong Foreign Affairs Office, 020-81218888, ext: press department,Canton Fair Press Center: 020-89061815/89138492
5. During the adjournment of the Canton Fair, please contact Press and Publicity Section of General Office of China Foreign Trade Centre for consultation. Contact Tel: 020-89138492, Fax:020-89138487.